There’s a new phrase bouncing around energy circles: Electrify Everything.
This week, we talk to Nate Adams, a home performance expert whose personal mission is to rip gas meters out of homes and move us closer toward full electrification. As he’s learned from experience, it’s not easy.
The electrification of homes may be getting easier in California, however.
In the second half of the show, we’re going to tackle California’s new building codes. Starting in 2020, most new homes will have to come with solar panels on the roof. And there are new incentives for electric space heating and water heating – a very big step toward electrification of everything.
The codes have created a very strong reaction, both positive and negative – and we’ll look at both sides.
The Energy Gang is brought to you by Sense. Sense installs in your home's electrical panel and provides insight into your energy use and home activity through iOS, Android and web apps. Find out more.
- GTM: Electrify Everything! A Practical Guide to Ditching Your Gas Meter
- GTM: What Does It Take to Electrify Everything in Your Home?
- Vox: The Key to Tackling Climate Change: Electrify Everything
- GTM: California Rooftop Solar Mandate to Boost Sales 14% Over 4 Years
- Bloomberg: California Puts Solar on the Roof and Up For Grabs
- Vox: California Will Require Solar Panels on All New Homes. That’s Not Necessarily a Good Thing
Save up to 25% off your solar setup today http://ow.ly/7AMD302gEva