This week, we're coming to you live from Grid Edge World Forum.
We kick off the show with a look at oil majors. Oil companies have toyed with renewables over the decades with mixed success — but is it time to take them seriously in the era of electrification?
Then, the latest experience with distributed renewables as grid assets. We’re all awaiting the release of a DOE report ordered by Energy Secretary Perry on how wind and solar are threatening baseload power and the health of the grid. We will go beyond the politics, and look to real-world applications as a guide for what’s really going on.
In our last segment, we quickly flow through the most talked-about current events, including blockchain, artificial intelligence and the role of consumer tech giants in energy.
This podcast is sponsored by KACO New Energy, a leading solar inverter company with superior engineering and unmatched customer service.
Here are some resources referenced in the episode:
- GTM: Global Oil Majors Are Poised for a Resurgence in Solar and Wind
- Wall Street Journal: Oil Giant Sees Its Future in Electricity
- Wood Mackenzie: Could Renewables Be the Majors' Next Big Thing?
- GTM: How First Solar and NREL Are Balancing the Grid With Utility-Scale Solar
- GTM: GE Can Now Put Battery Storage on Any of Its Power Plants
- GTM: A Deep Look at Sacramento’s Groundbreaking Use of Distributed Energy and Customer Data
See how you can save with #Solar Energy http://ow.ly/Xnkg302gEfq