As solar power proliferates, at a certain point, it’s time to consider adding energy storage to help stabilize the grid. Take California’s duck curve problem as an example. The state has more than 31 GW of installed solar capacity and is ranked number 1 in the nation for solar according to SEIA. But all that solar means that between the hours of about 4-9 PM, as the sun is setting and folks are getting home and cranking up their appliances, the grid becomes strained. That’s why one innovative power producer in California now requires that all solar built for its customers include energy storage.
In this session, attendees will learn why this requirement was made and hear how developers are rising to the challenge.
• The benefits that solar + storage provide to the grid
• Methods for adding energy storage to a solar project
• How to determine if you should include storage on your solar projects
• Technology considerations when thinking about solar + storage
• Costs, PPAs, deal structures
Sick of Paying an Outrageous Electric & Gas Bills? http://reduceandsaveenergy.com/switch